A Warhammer 40,000 expansion
Darkness is falling on the Imperium of Man. The Thirteenth Black Crusade has begun, and the hordes of Chaos are unleashed on Cadia. Even the might of Lord Castellan Creed's forces, backed by new and powerful allies, may not be enough to hold back the tide… and if Cadia falls, the entire Imperium is endangered. This campaign supplement tells this story, the first part of a new era for Warhammer 40,000, and provides a host of new rules for Armies of the Imperium.
This is an ePub3 file. You will need an ePub3 reader on your device to use it. For more information about these, check out our Formats and Ranges page.
Fall of Cadia is the first book in the Gathering Storm series. This digital edition introduces rules for the Triumvirate of the Imperium – Celestine, the Living Saint, Tech-priest of Mars Archmagos Dominus Belisarius Cawl, and Inquisitor Katarinya Greyfax of the Ordo Hereticus – and chronicles the bitter battle to protect Cadia from the grasp of Abaddon the Despoiler.
For ten thousand years Cadia has stood firm against the horrors spewed forth by the Eye of Terror. There are no records of how many valiant souls have fallen defending the fortress worlds of the Cadian Gate – but by their sacrifice, the tide of horror has been stemmed time and again. But there is no sacrifice great enough to hold back the storm that is coming.
Abaddon has unleashed the full might of his thirteenth Black Crusade and little hope remains. On Cadia itself, Ursarkar Creed and manifold Imperial forces mount a desperate defence, and they are soon to be joined by the strangest and most powerful of allies. Their arrival spurs a chain of events that will change things forever – the pylons will fall, the Eye will open, and darkness will fall on mankind's Imperium.
– 3 new datasheets for Saint Celestine, Belisarius Cawl and Inquisitor Greyfax
– The Triumvirate of the Imperium formation, bringing these three characters together
– 2 detachments – The Grand Convocation and Imperial Crusade – which combine units from various Armies of the Imperium into larger forces
– Battlezone: Empyric Storms – new rules for playing games in the midst of raging warp storms
– 5 new Echoes of War missions following the events of the narrative
– Acts of Faith that Saint Celestine confers on nearby units
– Canticles of the Omnissiah that Belisarius Cawl confers on nearby units
– 6 new Inquisition Tactical Objectives, 6 new Ecclesiarchy Relics and 6 Arcana Mechanicum